Freeland Internship: Research Assistant
Freeland, a Bangkok-based counter trafficking organization working for a world that is free of wildlife trafficking and human slavery. Our team of law enforcement, development and communications specialists work alongside partners in Asia, Africa and the Americas to build capacity, raise awareness, strengthen networks and promote good governance to protect critical ecosystems and vulnerable people. We are currently looking to hire a full-time dynamic Online Content Manager to join our Communications team.
Successful candidate must have strong communications skills. They will be required to create and maintain engaging content for a variety of social media and online platforms, must have experience with CMS, SEO and WordPress, should also be familiar with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and have an understanding of the various analytics programs for social media and website traffic.
As research assistant your key responsibilities will be keeping up-to-date and tracking news related to human trafficking and wildlife trafficking over a variety of media platforms. You will have an eye for detail and have good administrative skills as the information you collate on a daily basis will need to be captured and correctly documented for review by the Chief Research Officer.
The candidate will report to the Chief Research Officer
Benefits of position: This is an excellent opportunity for someone thinking about a career in the not for profit sector (NPO) or interested in analysis field. The position will allow the intern to network with national and international NPO’s working in both counter-wildlife trafficking and counter trafficking in persons.
– Research news sources on both human trafficking and wildlife trafficking.
– Provide research data to Freeland and Freeland’s partners upon request of the Chief Research Officer.
– Help maintain a positive relationship with Freeland’s partners in CTIP/CWT.
– Prepare progress reports every two weeks based on contributions made to Freeland.
– Any other duties as request by Chief Research Officer.
– Good organizational and administrational skills
– A team player with strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills
– Ability to communicate at all levels with internal/external clients by phone, email and face to face
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel, and Power Point)
– A positive attitude
– Native English speaker
– We ask for a minimum commitment of 2 months for this position
Please note that this is an unpaid positon and although we are able to help volunteers/interns apply for tourist visas and various administrations that may apply if arriving from a foreign country; we are unable to provide any financial support.
All applicants are to submit a cover letter stating the position applied for and an updated CV to email@example.com no later than October 31th, 2016