Freeland: Liaison, M& E and Development Administrative Assistant, Thailand
This position is located in the Headquarters of Freeland in Bangkok, Thailand. Working under the direct supervision of the Head of Liaison, M&E and Development (LMED), the incumbent will assist in the general operations and execution of LMED activities in relation to its 3 main core activities under the USAID-funded Asia’s Regional Response to Endangered Species Trafficking Program and other Projects: (1) Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), (2) AIPA / National Legislation Outreach and Policy Support, and (3) ASEAN Legal Support Program.
- Provides administrative and clerical support to the process of preparation and drafting of project ideas, work plans, budgets, revisions, progress reports and summaries.
- Maintains all proper filing system. Select information and records in specified format or on the basis of general instructions for use by others in preparing reports, correspondence, technical papers, project or programme plans and general reference documents.
- Assists in the preparation of documents for use in the formulation of the work plans, progress reports, and periodic reviews with national counterparts
- Assists in the development of contacts with Government institutions and authorities, local representatives of other USAID cooperative partners, NGOs, civil society organizations, resource persons and project matters.
- Collects, assesses and analyses information related to the projects in view of providing background and/or complementary information for future project proposals as well as projects underway; regular inputs into relevant information networks, including creation and maintenance of institutional and individual partners, and additional information as requested.
- Maintains records on the general political situation of ASEAN and on all wildlife and criminal justice related events and developments of relevance to the projects.
- Assists in the updating of internal records of donor assistance provided under ARREST and the in the area of wildlife crime and justice sector.
- Assistance in the organization of seminars, workshops and training activities.
- Assists in the preparation of terms of reference, programmes and logistics for visiting experts, missions, delegations, and donor representatives through liaison with local and oversees partners and government authorities.
- Provides advice and assist LMED staff members by processing requests for visas, other necessary official personnel-related documents in accordance with the requirements of the Freeland’s administration unit.
- Makes travel and hotel reservations, prepares travel orders and assembles information pertinent to the purpose of travel.
- Assist in procurement processes and proper assets management, LMED M&E records, monitoring,recording and disposal.
- Performs other duties (such as general correspondence, attendance at meetings, minutes of meetings, reports, follow-up, etc.) as required by the Head of LMED
- Minimum of Undergraduate Education (BS, BA) with specialized certification in Personnel Administration, Accounting and Finance
- A minimum of 1-2 years of responsible professional experience in administrative support of project implementation and management preferably in a civil service, NGO, or international organisation environment.
- Computer literacy, specifically advanced skills in MS Office Suite.
- Work experience in the Thai government or USAID -funded projects would be an asset.
- For the post advertised, fluency in English and Thai (both oral and written) is required; knowledge of other ASEAN official languages is an asset.
This position is for local hire. Salary will be commensurate to experience.
Please send an email to LMED@freeland.org with “Administrative Assistant” under the Subject line.