Intern (Clean by Design)
Job Posting: Intern (Clean by Design)
Natural Resources Defense Council, Beijing Office
The Natural Resource Defense Council (NRDC) is one of the world’s most effective environmental groups with more than 2.0 million members and online supporters. Since 1970, our lawyers, scientists, and other environmental specialists have worked to protect the world’s natural resources, public health, and the environment. NRDC works in countries including the United States, China, India, Canada, Mexico, Chile, Costa Rica, and EU
The Clean by Design (CBD) program, launched in 2009, is an innovative green supply chain initiative to leverage the purchasing power of multi-national corporations to reduce the environmental impacts of their manufacturing abroad. Working with a number of prominent global apparel retailers and brands, the program has focused first in the textile sector, which is notorious for its energy and water intensity and for its high pollution load. Clean by Design reduces the environmental footprint of textile mills with a business-friendly model that focuses on increasing production efficiencies, which saves factories money. The project is seeking an intern to work in our Beijing office. (more information is provided viahttp://www.nrdc.org/international/cleanbydesign/ )
– Process and track invoices, contracts, grants, and budgets,
– Copy, scan and distribute documents, etc.
– Support event, logistic planning and coordination
– Help with data gathering, checking, processing and analysis
– Create and maintain mill profiles
– Other tasks as needed
1. Native Chinese language ability and highly fluent in English (including reading, writing, speaking, and listening)
2. Bachelor’s degree with relevant working experience.
3. Excellent communication skills and experience working in both English and Chinese language environments
4. Detail-oriented and with a strong sense of self-initiative, responsibility, patience and curiosity.
Please send a cover letter and resume in both English and Chinese to email@example.com. Please also note in your cover letter what dates you will be available and reference where you saw this posting. NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application deadline: 10th July, 2016