Officer of Panda Programme (Sichuan), WWF
Title: Officer of Panda Programme (Sichuan)
Reports to: Manager of Panda Programme (Sichuan)
Work with Manager of Panda Programme (Sichuan) for the development, implementation and delivery of the programme strategies and activities in Sichuan Province according to WWF panda programme 2020 strategy and ongoing programme framework.
Work with the team to maintain and develop the relationships with relevant partners and stakeholders for the giant panda conservation in the region.
1. Support Manager of Panda Programme (Sichuan) for the development of workplan/budgets, reports and required communication materials for the panda programme activities in Sichuan Province to meet the Programme overall goal and objectives.
2. Work with the team for the project implementation in the region to ensure the activities and the outputs are in alignment with panda programme workplan and M&E plan.
3. Provide technical assistance and guidance to partners in terms of nature reserve, habitat and corridor management, as well as relevant field.
4. Coordinate relevant programme exchange, visits, and donor activities in the region.
5. Under the supervision of Manager of Panda Programme maintain the effective interactions with local partners and stakeholders.
6. Under the supervision of Manager of Panda Programme build up WWF’s expertise and enhance WWF’s profile in terms of panda and habitat conservation in the region.
7. Perform other tasks designated by the supervisor.
1. Internal: Close working relationships within panda programme team. Occasional and ready contacts with other WWF China programmes, offices and teams when needed.
2. External: Close contacts with local partners. Occasional communication with regional governmental sectors or research institutions, etc. when needed.
1. At least Bachelor degree in conservation management or relevant discipline.
2. At least 3-5 years experiences in relevant field.
3. High competency of project management, good facilitation skills.
4. Sound knowledge of panda conservation in the region. Familiar with different stakeholder groups of conservation in China.
5. Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently, good command of English, excellent verbal and written skills.
6. Strong computer skills, knowledge and experience in design is an advantage.
7. Adapted to frequent travel in the mountainous areas.
8. Self-motivated and fast learner, ability to work under pressure and meet the deadline.
9. Team player, ability to respect and work with people with different background.
1. Candidates should send a cover letter, CV in English and Chinese to CDHR@wwfchina.org.
2. Please indicate the applying position in title, salary expectation in Email and send them in attachment.