Program Development Officer
Short-term Consultant as Program Development Officer, China’s Green Shift Initiative, WWF China
The World Wide Fund for Nature, the world’s leading global conservation organization, is seeking a program development officer based in Beijing to ensure streamlined and efficient program delivery and adaptive management. She/he will work with the program development manager to support program operations and advise on strategy development and project design and impact of WWF’s China’s Green Shift Initiative. This will be fixed 6-month contract with possibility for a long-term contract afterward.
The CGSI of WWF China seeks to transform China’s economic development policy both at home and in its “going global” strategy into drivers of sustainable development. It focuses on three key sectors: mainstreaming sustainability in domestic and foreign policy, spurring financial innovations for responsible and green investment, and transforming market incentives for sustainable production and consumption. The Initiative collaborates closely with WWF teams in Africa and other regions where China’s ecological footprint is growing.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Serve as a resource for streamlining program operations including budget management, and developing new mechanisms to increase efficiency of workstream coordination and collaboration;
Assist the program development manager in supporting program design and impact, facilitating learning and knowledge management, monitoring program progress and changes in external conditions, and helping shape a learning and sharing culture within the organization;
Support CGSI team in liaising with relevant external and internal stakeholders and partners for program and project operations, especially coordination between the China office and WWF Network;
Generate communications materials (e.g. newsletters) to share program progress across the organization and WWF Network and raise program profile; Draft briefing papers on relevant topics as needed;
Contribute to project proposals development, draft and manager contracts, and complete project and program reporting materials.
Participate in internal and external meetings, take minutes, produce reports/digest and ensure follow-up actions; Coordinate travel arrangements, visa applications, and expense reporting for reimbursement; Assist in planning and organizing events
Perform other duties at the request of the Program Development Manager
• Education: Master’s degree required in related fields such as natural and environmental sciences.
• 3-5 years of professional experience in a relevant setting;
• Proven experience in project management;
• Confidence in representing WWF in professional settings
• Experience working in complex environments with multiple priorities;
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills and attention to detail;
• Proactive attitude and ability to take initiative and work independently;
• Excellent team player with good networking and interpersonal skills;
• Good awareness and sensitivity of different cultures and ability to communicate effectively;
• Native Chinese speaker, and strong oral and written communication skills in English;
• Excellent knowledge of office computer applications including – Work, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and familiarity with intranet, internet, website and database applications;
• Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.